I have used them, and they are very helpful. Especially, when it comes to finding people of the same names in a particular county.
In the press release, the LAC says “This massive undertaking required continuous cooperation from members of a number of LAC teams, as well as highly organized operations, over a number of months.
What is the final result?
• A clear presentation that is consistent with the Government of Canada’s Internet accessibility standards.
• The ability to perform a search using nominal or geographical criteria.
• Standardized geographic metadata that is now available in both official languages.
• The ability to choose between images in JPG or PDF formats.
• Weekly automatic updates.
And, ultimately, for you, valued users, a much simpler and easier way to trace your ancestors”!
To go to the website, click on to http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/census/Pages/census.aspx